We are committed to running a sustainable and environmentally responsible business that respects our natural world and does everything within our abilities to protect it. We believe it is possible to run a profitable business without compromising on social and environmental responsibilities. Business can be a force for good in the world and profit does not need to be the sole goal.
Our Environmental Accreditations
2019 - Our business was awarded a Level 1 Green Mark Environmental Accreditation.
2016 & 2017 - We recieved an Investors in the Environment Award.
Our Environmental Policy
Mair Perkins Ltd. recognise that all organisations impact on the environment in a variety of different ways. As such we are committed to the continual improvement of our environmental performance in relation to our services, products and operations. This includes:
- To use energy and water efficiently, optimise our use of natural resources and use our recycling facilities both at home and work.
- To use a renewable energy supplier such as Good Energy or Ecotricity where possible.
- To reduce the impact of our virtual carbon footprint by managing data efficiently.
- To minimise the volume of waste deposited to landfill by assessing if purchasing materials is necessary and re-using, repairing and recycling items wherever possible.
- To dispose of any old electronic devices by either donating them or sending them to an electronic waste recycling facility.
- To only print documents when necessary and use FSC approved or recycled paper.
- To walk and use public transport to minimise any carbon footprint.
- To offset the carbon footprint of any necessary flights for business by planting trees.
- To hold meetings remotely and allow team members to work from home.
- Food served at our workplace is vegan and is sourced locally if possible..
- Where possible we purchase second hand office furniture or utilise furniture that would have been disposed of by other businesses.
- To continue to consider environmental factors and risks in our commercial decisions, alert our customers to the importance of these issues, and direct them to specialist sources of advice.
- To encourage the development of products and services that will help our customers to adopt sound environmental principles and practices.
- To ensure that our key suppliers and contractors are aware of our policy and that wherever possible, they operate to similar standards, as a minimum.
- To use local suppliers and contractors and ensure they are paid fairly and their business complies with UK employment law.
- To continue to provide support for sustainability initiatives that contribute towards the preservation or enhancement of the quality of life in the communities in which we operate.
We have identified the following key environmental impacts associated with our organisational activities outlined above:
- Virtual data efficiencies.
- Consumption of energy, water, paper and materials in electronics.
- Our supply chain.
- Travel for conferences.
The organisation is committed to reducing these impacts and to the continual improvement of our environmental performance. To help achieve this, Mair Perkins Ltd are working towards Investors in the Environment Green accreditation.
We are committed to working with our customers, suppliers, contractors, regulatory bodies and neighbours to achieve the following objectives:
- Meet and where possible exceed all environmental legislation and other requirements applicable to our organisation and its activities.
- Reduce our consumption of energy and raw materials.
- Reduce waste, prevent pollution and noise both locally and in the wider environment.
- Systematically assess all aspects of our company.
It is the responsibility of all employees, visitors and contractors to fully support this policy through active participation and co-operation. This environmental policy will be displayed at all times and is openly available to all members of the public via our website - www.mairperkins.co.uk.
The introduction and implementation of this policy is a commitment of Mair Perkins Ltd. Mair Bain has designated responsibility for day-to-day implementation of this policy.
The policy will be reviewed annually as part of the organisation’s overall environment management plan.
Mair Perkins Ltd. was founded in 2012 by Mair Bain (formerly Perkins) who is the managing director of the company. The business operates both at a rented space at 11a St Mary's Gate Derby DE1 3JR and from the team's home offices.