Mair Perkins Ltd. was founded in 2012 by Mair Bain (formerly Perkins). Previously Mair operated as a sole trader since 2010. She is the managing director and sole employee of the company. Mair operates her business at a rented space at 11a St Mary’s Gate Derby DE1 3JR and at her home address.
Mair Perkins Ltd. recognise that all organisations impact on the environment in a variety of different ways. As such we are committed to the continual improvement of our environmental performance in relation to our services, products and operations. This includes:
- To use energy and water efficiently, optimise our use of natural resources and use our recycling facilities both at home and work.
- To reduce the impact of our virtual carbon footprint by managing date efficiently.
- To minimise the volume of waste deposited to landfill by re-using and recycling materials wherever possible.
- To use modes of transport, which minimise environmental impact or hold remote meetings where possible.
- Mair Perkins always walk between work premises.
- All food served and provided to employees and visitors of Mair Perkins Ltd is vegan.
- Where possible we purchase second hand office furniture from the local British heart foundation or utilise furniture that would have been disposed of by other businesses.
- To continue to consider environmental factors and risks in our commercial decisions, alert our customers to the importance of these issues, and direct them to specialist sources of advice.
- To encourage the development of products and services that will help our customers to adopt sound environmental principles and practices.
- To ensure that our key suppliers and contractors are aware of our policy and that wherever possible, they operate to similar standards, as a minimum.
- To use local suppliers and contractors and ensure they are paid fairly and their business complies with UK employment law.
- To continue to provide support for sustainability initiatives that contribute towards the preservation or enhancement of the quality of life in the communities in which we operate
We have identified the following key environmental impacts associated with our organisational activities outlined above:
- Virtual data efficiencies
- Consumption of energy, water and other resources
- Modes of transport
- Our supply chain (printers, art material suppliers, landlord, business associates / contractors, customers)
- To volunteer our visual communication skills to help others access knowledge on how to be more environmentally friendly.
The organisation is committed to reducing these impacts and to the continual improvement of our environmental performance. To help achieve this, Mair Perkins Ltd are working towards Investors in the Environment Green accreditation.
- We are committed to working with our customers, suppliers, contractors, regulatory bodies and neighbours to achieve the following objectives:
- Meet and where possible exceed all environmental legislation and other requirements applicable to our organisation and its activities
- Reduce our consumption of energy and raw materials
- Reduce waste and prevent pollution and noise both locally and in the wider environment
- Systematically assess all aspects of our company
- Set targets for measurable annual improvements
- Make our progress available for independent assessment.
It is the responsibility of all employees, visitors and contractors to fully support this policy through active participation and co-operation. This environmental policy will be displayed at all times and is openly available to all members of the public via our website - www.mairperkins.co.uk.
The introduction and implementation of this policy is a commitment of Mair Perkins Ltd. Mair Perkins has designated responsibility for day-to-day implementation of this policy.
The policy will be reviewed annually as part of the organisation’s overall environment management plan.