The brief was open to interpretation. The video needed to be eye catching, fun and upbeat. So I started the project by offering the Environmental Services team two animation style options. They decided to go with the option on glossy vector style on the left.
The next stage was storyboarding. As it was an open brief I created 3 storyboard ideas for them based on the information and outcomes they wanted from the video. We met and talked through the ideas, picking out the storyboard sequences they liked most, then I put together this final storyboard sequence.
After the storyboard was finalised, I began animating. I provided them with a weekly video update to see the progress of the video and request any changes or amendments. When the animation was completed, I delivered it as an on line video and a DVD so could be displayed on the University of Derby’s website and used in presentation and played on display screens around campus.